We believe God will comfort, guide, and forgive every person, no matter who they are or what they’ve done. He does this through reconciliation with humans as the Trinity: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. As the Father, God is the sovereign creator and ruler of the universe. Through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, who was both man and God’s Son, and without sin, humans are offered freely the gift of salvation and eternal life. After receiving salvation, the Holy Spirit is a “Counselor” and “Helper” in our faith journey.
If you have questions about our Worship Services or need assistance, please call the Church Office at 205-822-0020 or e-mail email@example.com. Click HERE to go to our Facebook page to view the live stream of our services.
Growing spiritually doesn’t have to be an unsolved mystery! This year, we’ll take a four-day journey with kid detectives as they dig into a few of Jesus’ parables to solve the mysteries of how to grow their faith, how to care for, serve, and love others.
Join us Sunday evenings in July (July 10, July 17, July 24, July 31) from 4pm-7pm as we get ON THE CASE!
Participant & Volunteer Registration is OPEN! Click here to let us know you’re joining us!
We are all aware of the new COVID 19 guidelines issued by the CDC as well as the governor’s revision of her orders regarding this which go into effect very soon. We want to re-open at a pace the maximizes the safety of those who use our building and makes our services as accessible as possible.
The vaccines and downturn in new COVID cases in Jefferson and Shelby County are very encouraging. In light of these developments, we are continuing to move towards a more and more “normal” church experience. Also, if it becomes necessary because of unforeseen changes in the Pandemic, we will revise these guidelines.
• Beginning this Sunday (May 23), we will be making masks optional.
• We continue to keep ourselves distanced by using alternating pews.
• We continue to receive our offerings at the doors, by mail, in our secure dropbox, by online giving, by Realm app, or other arrangements that will be made individually as needed.
• If you are not vaccinated, please consider that you are still vulnerable to COVID and masking may well your best protection. None of our children below 12 years of age are vaccinated as of this time. We strongly encourage you to seek and follow your physician’s advice. We won’t be checking on vaccine status.
• As of June 1, following the lead of the Hoover and Vestavia School Systems, mask use for children and youth will be determined by parents. Please communicate your request upon drop-off. If a parent wants their child/youth to wear a mask during indoor and/or outdoor activities, the Family Ministry staff and volunteers will support the decision and help make that happen. So that all children and youth are made to feel welcome and comfortable while attending programming, Family Ministry staff and volunteers will wear a mask indoors when a masked child/youth is in attendance.
• Masks are not required outdoors.
• We will not be serving meals inside the church unless they are prepackaged for the time being.
• Please do not attend church activities if you have cold or flu symptoms, fever, or other common COVID symptoms whether you are vaccinated or not.
Please join us in praying that this pandemic will be brought to a full end very soon. See you in church!!
The Mountain Chapel Leadership Team